The TELFORD Story In More Detail.
Not wanting to be called “racists,” British police in Telford failed to act as more than 1,000 young girls over a 40 year period were continuously raped, pimped out for sale to hundreds of men, and even killed by
Asian Muslim (mostly Pakistani) paedophiles in what could be the worst-ever child slave/sex scandal in Britain since the Rotherham Muslim kidnapping, rape, and prostitution scandal of 1,400 young white girls broke a few years ago.
Breitbart An investigation by the Sunday Mirror has revealed Britain’s worst ever grooming scandal, which saw authorities paralysed for 40 years by fears of “racism” accusations as grooming gangs victimised up to a thousand girls in Telford.
The left-leaning newspaper claims its 18-month investigation found “abuse on unprecedented levels”, with three women being killed when abuser Azhar Ali Mehmood burned down their home with them inside and two others dying in connection with the scandal.
UK Mirror Despite similar high-profile cases in Rochdale and Rotherham, authorities in Telford repeatedly failed to stamp out a network of abusers.
The Mirror’s 18-month investigation reveals abuse on unprecedented levels. We found:
Social workers knew of abuse in the 1990s but police took a decade to launch a probe
Council staff viewed abused and trafficked children as “prostitutes” instead of victims, according to previously unseen files
Authorities failed to keep details of abusers from Asian communities for fear of “racism”
Police failed to investigate one recent case five times until an MP intervened
One victim said cops tried to stop her finding out why her abusers had not been prosecuted because they feared she would talk to us
The scale of the abuse uncovered in Telford – population 170,000 – is feared to be the most brutal and long-running of all.
Social workers reportedly knew of the abuse, which saw girls as young as 11 targeted, from the 1990s, but police took ten years to launch an investigation and the authorities failed to keep tabs on suspects and perpetrators from the South Asian community fearing “racism” accusations.
Victims told the Sunday Mirror that the abuse — which is said to have begun in the 1980s — carries on to this day, and notes that police failed to investigate one recent case five times before a Member of Parliament directly intervened.
Police preferred to hunt down Facebook users who made “offensive” comments about Muslim grooming gangs online
The force launched an investigation into comments left on its Facebook page in response to articles about the Operation Shelter scandal, in which young white British girls were groomed, sexually abused and trafficked by mostly Muslim men of South Asian descent in Newcastle. Officers made a review of every comment on the page after a member of the public complained that a number of posts referred to the race and religion of the 18 people convicted following the operation.
The newspaper claims to have uncovered previously unseen files showing council staff chose to view girls being abused, trafficked, and even sold as “prostitutes” rather than victims.
Newcastle groomer: “White women are good for only one thing – for people like me to f*** and use as trash.” https://t.co/IgYuHbvDgX
— Jack Montgomery ن (@JackBMontgomery) August 10, 2017
A Report by counter-extremism think tank Quilliam has found that more than eight out of ten men convicted of grooming gang offences have an
‘Asian’ Muslim background.
When the study’s authors — both of whom are of Pakistani heritage — set out on their research into grooming gangs, they expected to “debunk” the perception that Muslims are overrepresented.
But instead their analysis revealed that 222 of 264 convictions related to 58 cases of grooming gangs identified in Britain between 2005 and 2017 — or 84 per cent — involved Muslim perpetrators of Asian origin, despite making up just 7 per cent of the population.
Telford is a relatively small city, with a population of 170,000, making this scandal the most extensive and long-running in the country. The number of victims in Rotherham was slightly higher at 1,500, but Rotherham is a significantly larger city with a population of around 260,000.
“I hated what was happening and my abusers made my skin crawl but I was told that if I said a word to anyone they’d come for my little sisters and tell my mum I was a prostitute,” said one 14-year-old victim, whose phone number had been sold to paedophiles.
“Night after night, I was forced to have sex with multiple men in disgusting takeaways and filthy houses. “I must have been getting the morning after pill from a local clinic at least twice a week but no one asked any questions.
“I fell pregnant twice and had two abortions. Hours after my second termination, I was taken by one of my abusers to be raped by more men. “The worst moment came just after my 16th birthday when I was drugged and gang-raped by five men. “Days later, the ringleader turned up at my house and told me he’d burn it down if I breathed a word of what had happened.”
Daily Mail Lucy Lowe, 16, died alongside her mother and sister after the man who had been abusing her, 26-year-old Azhar Ali Mehmood, set fire to their house. The taxi-driver first targeted Lucy in 1997. She gave birth to his child when she was just 14.
Mehmood was jailed for murdering Lucy, her mother Eileen and her sister Sarah, 17. However, he was never arrested or charged with any sex abuse crimes over his involvement with the young girl. Another victim, who was drugged and gang raped by nine men two years later, said that Lucy’s death was used as a warning to other girls who might speak out.
Daily Mail Becky Watson, 13, was killed after a car she was in crashed. At the time the incident was reported as a ‘prank’. However, it was revealed she had suffered two years of sex abuse at the hands of a grooming gang, which began when she was 11. In tragic diary entries she told of how she was forced to ‘sleep around’. Her mother, Torron Watson, went to the police on a number of occasion and even handed them a list of suspects. But nothing was done.
She said: “Girls like Becky were treated like criminals. “I was crying out for help but it felt like I had nowhere to turn. If Becky’s abuse had been properly investigated by the authorities more girls could have been saved from going through this hell.”
Vicky Round, a friend of Becky’s, was abused by the same gang. They forced her into a crack cocaine addiction aged 12. By the age of 14 she was taking heroine regularly. She died aged 20 after a suspected drug overdose.
In 2013, seven men were sent to prison after a police inquiry – Operation Chalice – into child prostitution in the Telford area. Mubarak Ali sold teenage girls, some of whom were just 13, for sex above an Indian restaurant in Telford. The 34 year-old worked with his brother Ahdel Ali, 27, who got a 26 year sentence for sex abuse, trafficking and prostitution. One victim was targeted by paedophiles and made to sleep with dozens of men.
The Sunday Mirror cites victims as saying police and social workers repeatedly turned them away or failed to offer “emotional support”, and the authorities actively attempted to hamper their investigation. Local MP Lucy Allan described the newspaper’s findings as “extremely serious and shocking” and has demanded a full public inquiry.
Specialist child abuse solicitor Dino Nocivelli, of Bolt Burdon Kemp, told the newspaper: “These children were treated as sexual commodities by men who inflicted despicable acts of abuse.
“The survivors deserve an inquiry. They need to know how abuse took place for so long and why so many perpetrators have never been brought to justice.” But police and council staff have previously written to Home Secretary Amber Rudd MP to discourage this, saying it is not necessary.